- Forrester Research PowerRankings
- Advice & Market Information
- Customer Service
Gomez.com -- the "Consumer Reports" on the web -- uses this 100 point
- Ease of Use ("consistent and intuitive layout with tightly integrated content and functionality, useful demos and extensive online help.")
- Customer Confidence ("Availability, depth, and breadth of customer service options, including phone, e-mail, and branch locations.
Ability to accurately and readily resolve a battery of telephone calls and e-mails sent to customer service, covering simple technical and industry-specific questions.
Privacy policies, service guarantees, fees, and explanations of fees.")
- On-Site Resources "The top firms in this category not only bring a wide range of product and services and information onto the Web, but provide depth to these products and services through a full range of electronic account forms, transactions, tools and information look-up. Roughly 30 to 50 criteria points including:
- Availability of specific products.
- Ability to transact in each product online.
- Ability to seek service requests online.
- Relationship Services "Firms build electronic relationships through personalization,
by enabling customers to make service requests and customize a site.
inquiries online and through programs and perks that build customer loyalty and a sense of community.
Criteria include Online help, tutorials, glossary and FAQs. Advice.
Reuse of customer data to facilitate future transactions.
Support of business and personal needs such as tax reporting or repeated-buying.
Frequent buyer incentives.
- Overall Cost (fees, minimum balances, interest rates)
Examples of personal websites (some listed on
Bill Gates. What the world's richest man has to say about himself.
Larry Ellison, CEO of doesn't have one.
Byron Hinson's list of favorite movies and design sites are dark with a too-small font.
Lance Arthur of
Glassdog.com programmed interactive programs such as
Who Toys to pick URL names and Card Wack! programs to
send a birthday card and
announce a life change.