||As a Project Manager:
- First, I ask pointed questions to clearly define the
deliverables and measurable goals. I'll calculate
the Return on Investment (ROI) and NPV if needed.
- Then we pick out milestones and break the project down
into phases so others could easily follow where we're
headed. These and our other tools ensure cooperation from
others right from the beginning of the project.
- I have special techniques to figure out how to keep various
stakeholders satisfied and informed. This may involve an
opinion survey .
- We then map out realistic schedules by anticipating and
preventing problems -- where people might have to wait. We explore
where tasks need to be delegated. We'll end up knowing
exactly when to ask questions and when workers should be left
- I coach people on what to say in presenting
the plan — down to word-by-word scripts if necessary.
My meeting agendas define thorough, yet quick sessions.
- I am experienced at creating visuals that make you shine --
simple charts using Microsoft Powerpoint or a notebook of
plans generated by Microsoft Project, ABT Project Workbench, or
- Once we have a plan, I'll keep the plan up to
date. Answer a few questions and you'll get updated project
graphics on your web browser, fax machine, email box, or
(with some setup) even a printer of your choice.
- I can get status from all project participants. I'll even
chase you down or call you at night -- whatever is needed to avoid
missing embarassing deadlines.
- Lastly, I can train people to manage themselves using these