Winter time (Dec/Jan/Feb)
- WALKING TOURS Ongoing, 10 a.m., 11 a.m., noon: Walking tours of the Las Angelitas Del Pueblo on the History of Old Los Angeles, Tuesdays through Saturdays. Tours begin on Olvera Street at the docent office next to the old fire house at 130 Paseo de la Plaza. Group reservations required. Tours are free. Also, bus tours of Historic Los Angeles are available. Reservations required. For more information on both tours call (213) 628-1274. Las Angelitas Del Pueblo seeks volunteers to become docents at El Pueblo Park. For more information call Frank Osmon at (800) 208-0012. To become a walking tour docent for the Los Angeles Conservancy, call Connie Humberger at (213) 623-2833.
- Do MOMA in the afternoon.
- Olvera Street Las Posadas Christmas Procession
6:30pm, Downtown, (213) 625-5045 December 16-24
Break out of the holiday routine for a little pinata-breaking, champurrado (a thick chocolate drink),
hot punch and pan dulce (sweet bread).
- Holidy light shows:
Torrance North of PCH.
- Griffith Park lights Dec 5-Dec 27,1998 Daily 5:30pm-10:30pm
4730 Crystal Springs Drive, Los Angeles 90027 (213) 485-8743.
Known for having one of the largest holiday light displays in Southern California, Griffith Park hosts its annual tree-lighting
- Beverly Hills / Brentwood
3-9pm Christmas Eve at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion broadcast live on KCET.
- Universal City Walk has ice skating and a Santa's Procession.
Crystal Cathedral Glory of Christmas
Tournament of Roses on January first every year features floral floats and collegiate football game.