| Zip/Postal code:|
a. Postal codes such as the US Zip code contain the province/state.
Tabbing away from this field causes invokes a function which looks up its ranges of zip codes in the USA
and automatically selects the state.
Canadian Postal codes are 6 positions like "S3A6V5". The first 3 positions is called the Forward Sortation Area,
with the first letter sequenced from East to West.
The last 3 is the Local Delivery Unit.
d. UK PostCodes contain a space between "CB4 1AS".
| US State/|
1. Since each country has a different set of states,
this needs to appear/disappear/change depending on user choice of country.
2. Providing both a pull-down and entry for the same data provides an alternative for users.
provides confirmation of the user's choice.
But this may confuse some people who think they have to do both.
3. TODO: Here is a good place to pre-populate
the state based on known geolocations of the user's IP address,
which is not always reliable, but reliable enough at the state level.
4. The state can be pre-selected based on the zip code or
5. TODO: Here is a good place to use an autocomplete control
rather than a pull down to select from a named list. But avoid a round-trip to the server by providing it in the
6. The text input field and "Other..." at the end of the drop-down for future flexibility.
Included in the list are Canadian Provinces, US Military, and
US Insula Areas (such as American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, and Virgin Islands) are included.
| Mexico Provinces:||
a. It's unfortunate that only three abbreviations of states in Mexico (MI, MO, BC)
overlap state codes for the US and Canada.
b. HTML for this list need to be stored in UTF-8 format.